The Source of Music
by Sri Chinmoy
Personal growth through spiritual music and mantras
In the first part of the book The Source of Music, Sri Chinmoy explores the spiritual dimensions of music. He presents music as a vehicle to expand one’s consciousness and as the living expression of the Divine Consciousness within.
Part two explores the use of mantras for spiritual growth and fulfilment. Detailed instructions on their use include specific mantras for spiritual progress, health, wealth and more.
The Source of Music – List of contents:
- Music and spirituality
- Vital music and illumination-music
- Becoming an instrument: Composing and performing
- The soulful singer
- Mantras and chanting
- AUM: The mother of all mantras
- Listening with the heart
- Music from the mountaintops: The heights of consciousness
- God the Supreme Musician
- Master musicians: Interviews with Pablo Casals and Leonard Bernstein